Monday, September 29, 2014

Google Chrome and Windows 8.1

Well, I took the plunge. Always "old-school," I fought viciously to avoid Google Chrome, but I can't upload photos on Blogger using Internet Explorer. I tried Firefox and loathed it - deleted it immediately - that sucker took over my whole computer. SO.....now, Google Chrome is my default browser - and I admit that I love it! Even my mother likes it, and she's 88 - I will say it works better for people who aren't using Comcast as their E-Mail service provider. If I were willing to change to their default, I'd have a seamless browsing experience, but everyone knows my e-mail address as elizabethaisling@comcast.net, and I don't want to change it.

 In other news, I have tamed Windows 8.1 and am beginning to like it quite a bit. I've discovered some great photo-editing apps, which I've downloaded free from the "Store." A caveat - DO NOT BUY "Windows Essentials." It is free. Go to the Microsoft website and download it - I did - and the editing component of their Photo Gallery is great. It also gives me Microsoft Movie Maker, which I use constantly. Here are links to some of my recent projects:

30 Days of Lists - September 2014
Bristol Renaissance Faire: August 3, 2014
Bristol Renaissance Faire: August 17, 2014
Roadside Shrine

I really ought to devote a blog entry to each one of these! I have another blog on Blogspot that talks about 30 Days of Lists. LizzaLand: 30 Days of Lists for September 2014

Now I'm going to play with DragonLady again.

No comments:

Post a Comment