Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Spring makes gardeners (and doll collectors) want to shop

It's April 8, and I'm already shaking in my boots, because I've been on a mad shopping binge. My best friend and housemate, Marie, commiserates with me - she, too, has "the fever." It's time to decide what to use a build a vegetable garden (retaining wall with blocks, or raised beds made of cedar or redwood?) and buy the plants. (We already have herbs and Alpine strawberries...) And we need a weeping willow to replace the three trees we had to have taken down last week. And the irises, which Marie ordered - they're supposed to come today. It's supposed to get down to 25 one night next week, so she's not in a terrible rush to plant them. I can't wait to see them, because they are indigo/purple. We need to level off the walkway so we can wheel the wheelbarrow over it. And - of course - we are eagerly anticipating the completion of our three-season porch - and the cats are especially anxious because they loved to be out there when it was a makeshift screened porch. It will be done with elegance now - with the option of storm windows - and we already have the furniture - it is taking up space in our sunroom.

As for me - more dolls....sigh. This is Sydney, a Madame Alexander Favorite Friend. I found her at Barnes and Noble, of all places!

I've already posted pictures of Shannon Elizabeth, who isn't due to arrive until next month - she is a Kidz 'n'  Cats new release on pre-order. She comes with a blonde wig and the name Teresa, but this is how she'll look after I've changed her name and her wig....(buying the wig and clothing and boots for her has been quite an enjoyable shopping spree) Photo of her is actually my doll Lisbeth, who pulled back her hair and modeled the new wig for me.

Happily - the next two are birthday presents - I know about them, but my birthday isn't until June. I imagine I'll be doing some shopping for them as well. This is Grace Catherine, my new little friend  from Paul. She is a 2014 Kidz 'n' Cats re-release, also a pre-order, due to arrive along with Karin above. She's coming with the name Grace and I'm not changing a thing about her!

and this is Savannah Marie, a 20" Maru and Friends girl who will be my birthday present from Marie....


Finally - this is Bella Amarantine, a Kidz 'n' Cats "Tinka" who is coming to me from a dear friend - we are doing a trade. I sent her one of my Harmony Club 18" boys. She is impossible to find and I am elated to be receiving her. Now I'll have three with this face mold.

And, of course, both Marie and I are in a "clothes-shopping-we-don't-know-what-size-to-order-because-we're-losing-weight mode". I have three new pairs of pants that I've put through a hot dryer, but - oh, JOY! - I think they'll have to be taken in. Marie ordered some new outfits too.

And then, there's the spring cleaning...closets (this means a trip to Target for hangers! Organizer boxes! And this leads to more organizer boxes, for doll clothing!)

And there's a doll at Target named "Parker" that I want. 

Finally, there are BOOKS. But that's a whole new post! And it will probably be a longer post than this one. Stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment