Saturday, March 8, 2014

As I saw it, today

Today Marie and I went to Ruth Ann Molyneaux's reception at Just Goods, to celebrate the opening of her one-woman art show. Ruth Ann and I have been friends since 1977 - we have the type of friendship in which we can go months without getting together and pick up right where we left off. After today, I don't want to let so much time go by before I see my good friend again. There were so many people there from my past -- people I haven't seen in years - people whose children weren't even born yet last time I saw them...all dear to me. We were all running around with our phone cameras, and I made sure to take the time to look at Ruth Ann's wonderful paintings.
 
I posted this above photo because the flash hides much of an image, and I think it is a violation to photograph art work at a show. So, Ruth Ann, I apologize if any of your paintings show up in my subsequent pictures. To everyone: BUY HER ART! She is WONDERFUL!  My favorite is one entitled "Unfolding." Again, I apologize if I have the title wrong - I was too much in awe to write anything down.
 
With Ruth Ann today at Just Goods
 
With Marie
 
So wonderful to reconnect with old friends. It makes me want to go back to my artist days, but I seem to be in writing and music mode right now. Going now to Facebook to send friend requests to people I've missed so much.  It's time for me to climb out of my cave and start getting more involved with everything Rockford has to offer to creative people. Suddenly there is so much out there that I haven't noticed until now - and I just want to grab it all!
 
Oh - and don't forget to spring forward tonight!



No comments:

Post a Comment