Saturday, March 1, 2014

Retail therapy

So I got salt and all sorts of other gunk on my favorite UGGS, and couldn't get them completely clean - and panicked....went to EBay to replace them and got sidetracked by this glorious pair:
and decided I just HAD to have them - so I ordered them. Having done this, I got on a roll and figured I'd find some cute pants for summer - the type you can roll up and turn into capri pants. I got lucky and found three pairs - purple, chocolate brown and navy, and ordered them. The frosting on the cake was this delicious hoodie:
which I of course had to have.
Well...
The boots arrived. I picked up the box from the porch and ripped that sucker apart so quickly it scared the cats. I pulled out the boots and put them on and strutted around the living room, thinking I was very cool - after which I sat down and wrote glowing feedback....and then looked at the boots once more. And the box. The color was "Pansy." These are my new UGGS.
They really aren't that pink. And I do love them. They actually go with a lot of my stuff. So, sigh. They're on my feet as we speak.
 
Today - in this insufferable snow - I drove down to the mailbox to pick up the pants I ordered, after getting the email that they had arrived. I forgot to mention that when I placed the order, I noted that the sizes were listed as Small, Medium, Large and 1X. Everyone who knows me knows I'm no Twiggy, and I can live with 1X, even though I am frightfully jealous of Marie for getting so skinny. That said, I retrieved my package and brought it up to the house and ripped it open, and got out the purple pants first, of course, and put them on. Perfect fit. Then, I looked at the size.
22W.
22W!!!!!!!!
 
I know it's just a number, but I got out my measuring tape and all my other summer pants. All of them were the same size - and the new ones weren't any bigger. I also noted that when I was 20 pounds thinner I was wearing the summer pants from the last few years which I KNOW are size 1X, and they fit me fine. Very forgiving pants, those.
 
I still felt panicked. 22W. I can't do this. What am I going to do? I know - I'll call the company. I need some talk therapy. So a very nice guy (!!!!) answers and I explain the problem. I tell him that my pants say 22W and they fit me fine and I thought they were 1X, and I didn't think I could handle the idea of wearing pants with a label bearing those numbers. I even went so far as to measure my body and tell him how the numbers matched up with their charts.
Then, I looked at their charts again. Just as I was doing this, he was reminding me that in their company, there is no XL.
NO XL.
"Your pants are 1X," he assured me.
Relief.
So - my pants marked 22W are really, honestly and truly 1X, which is fine with me and will be fine with me even if I lose some of this annoying weight.
I'm still going to wash them and put them in the dryer on HOT.
 
The hoodie is due to arrive Monday. It will probably be about three sizes too small. Going now to put my credit card in a container of water and place this container in the freezer.
 


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I want that Kidz n Cats Sophie doll! If Blue Cross Bull Shit cooperates with me, does that mean I can get her?

      Delete